Pages

Friday 21 March 2014

A change in colour

This is the season of elections in India. We are permitted a change in heart, and in our colours.

Blue blends into green in the Parambikulam Tiger Reserve, Kerala
When I started this blog in 2006, I was working with the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) at its global headquarters in Patancheru, near Hyderabad in India. I handled media relations for the Institute, and thus was very sensitive to any conflict of interest that may arise when I started the blog. I named my blog midlifeblues. There could not have been any conflict with this. Going through mid-life is a certainty for all of us. And being blue is even more certain. In fact, there is no lower age limit for that mood.

Considering that my blog entries are more green than blue, I am giving it a new name – A touch of green. However, that does not mean that I would not write about anything other than green. 

India starts voting on 7 April. It is an exercise unparalleled in scale globally. In the coming weeks I hope to try and understand how environmental issues affect people’s choice. So do look out for my blog as we go along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment